This week has gone by so fast. I was watching Clinton and Obama duke it out last night, and it occurred to me, that I really do like her. I like how smart she is. I really hope she has what it takes to pull this nomination off, but if not, I’m Ok with Obama as well. I am skeered to death though, about McCain and Huckabee. Please someone tell me they do not have a shot at winning this thing, it’s a scary scary proposition.
Other news in the Old Crony house, I have reconnected with a really good friend of mine in CA. The one I told you all about that I used to ride the train with. This has been really good. Sometimes I think the best way to find yourself, is to find your past, and reconnect with who you were. It helps me see that I am the same, I am not different than I was, just a more mature version of me. I think if I met myself 10 years ago, I would have wanted to be my friend.
This may sound silly as well, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why I never really got into the Indigo Girls until the last few years. I’ve always been into music like this, but I never really got them. All the sudden, I’m like…look what you have been missing now for years! I mean I had heard the hits, but nothing more. Anyway, I’m off on a musical tangent again…
Peace,
OC
Hey Happy Friday to you.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying not to listen. They all scare me.
I'm sorry and terrified to say that it's quite possible that McCain could take the presidency if he gets nominated. He certainly won't get Earth Muffin's or her husband's vote, but a lot of people aren't ready to see a woman or a black man in the White House and would feel more comfortable with a white, male war hero. I hope I'm wrong.
ReplyDeleteI also recently rediscovered some high school and college friends and it's been great. I'm glad it's been a positive thing for you, since you've been struggling with yourself internally lately.
I've been into the Ingigo Girls from the get-go. They have a way of reining me in when my thoughts start to get too negative or crazy. It's great that you've discovered them...better late than never!
Have a great weekend! -EM
I think if I met myself 10 years ago, I would have wanted to be my friend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great thought. I wonder if I met myself ten years ago if I would want to be my friend. I am not sure.
My first thought was that I'm drastically different from the me 10 years ago. On second though it has been an eventful 10 years. I do think I would like the me of 10 years ago.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by. Sorry to make you homesick.
The debates were interesting....I stopped by to tell you that
ReplyDeleteYour message bottle is now afloat in the vast blogosphere ocean. You are Message In a Bottle #38.
Feel free to toss in a bottle whenever you feel the urge to send a message. The blocean is always open.
Message In a Bottle #38