I went out in the shed today to visit my girl, I'm lonesome for her, as she is for me, I stroked her engine for awhile and promised her I would take her for a nice long ride soon.I’m so dying to take my 4-Wheeler out for a nice long cruise.
The problem is there is too much snow up in the mountains still, even with the 4-wheel drive. It’s making me loony.
I was talking to a friend about riding today, and she doesn’t understand my need to do this.
She thinks it’s scary, I think it’s a blast. There is nothing I like better than putting on my helmet and taking off on a really long cruise.
I love going fast on the straight-away’s, and I love going slow over the rock’s.
I love getting way up in the middle of nowhere and parking my 4-Wheeler in front of some mountain stream or lake, pulling my chairs and ice chest off and chilling out.
I’ve seen moose, elk and deer up in the mountains. I’ve ridden past gold mines, and scared the crap out of myself going up steep hills, but the adrenaline starts pumping and I’m all over it.
Snow snow, go away, come again some other winter, I’m so done with you!
I can totally relate. I've never been on a 4-wheeler, but I do love to get out on my motorcyle come spring time. Still too cold to ride here yet but like you, I'm ready for all the snow to go away!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun -- have you ever run into a bear? I did hiking in the Catskills...all alone nearing the summit of a mountain. I was tired and had my camera taking photos. I saw something only 50 or so yards ahead - "oh look a bear" and I was snapping photos. All of a sudden I realized "A BEAR" just then it turned and looked right at me. I did just what you are supposed to ...backed up two steps and RAN LIKE HELL!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed times like that too but I either hiked or rode my bicycle. Was never into motor powered vehicles.
ReplyDelete