I’m running full speed going the wrong direction.
I’m so full of contradictions, that I can’t stand myself. I’m the same as I’ve always been, and then I’m so incredibly different.
I love my blog, but I haven’t shared it with any real life friends, except for one very dear friend whom I never see. Most of my friends, I know would be OK with it, but I still feel the need for a place that I can share, without exception. For me, that doesn’t include sharing this part of me with my family and friends.
What if I said something that would really hurt them, while just trying to process my feelings about it?
I’ve thought about telling my best friend, but at the same time, I think being able to write without feeling like you have to hold back is important, at least it is for me.
I have my blog for my family and friends, and then I have BearsMountain. There are a number of things I don’t post on my other blog, because I don’t want to offend anyone, or I don’t want to get in an argument with them. I have very conservative aunts and uncles.
I have some conservative friends, and I know I’m never going to change them, as they are never going to change me.
I need privacy, to express myself. I think even if I was “out” and everything was on the table, I would still need to have my “real” blog. I need to be vent about my life, or what is the point? I need to be able to process my feelings, without feeling like someone is judging me, or taking my inventory. I’m a changing butterfly right now, and I need to have my changing room.
I really love the people I’ve met while blogging. They are some of the most compassionate people I’ve found in my life, and it is like I have a whole new life, a whole new group of people, who think like me, agree with me, to bounce my life off of.
What has been really hard for me, is that I KNOW there are people out in this big huge world like me, but we are spread out so far. By blogging, I’ve been able to come into contact with these people. It allows me to have a community in my life, which simply does not exist in the town I live in. If I still lived in SF, at this point in my life, I know things would be much easier, but I don’t. This is now my reality, and for the most part, I’m happy with where I live.
This will be a great place for my kids to grow up. Montana is much more liberal than I had ever anticipated, but there is still the old school conservative view here that is alive and thriving.
I do have daydreams about pick up and moving back to civilization, but they are only that, day dreams at this point. I’m not sure I’d move back to CA, even if I was going to move. I would really like to experience some new places, although, but my heart will always be in San Francisco.
So what do I do? Who am I turning into? What does the future hold for me? I’m just not sure anymore. I am coming into my own, for the first time in my life. I feel stronger than I’ve ever felt. I feel the overwhelming need for joy, love and passion. I don’t know if I’ll be able to hold that back much longer, even if I try. My need is growing stronger by the day, but I still do not know what this holds for me.
I probably won’t until I make a leap.
I know I’ve said this before, but it amazes me, I lived in one of the most liberal places for most of my adult life, but I was so constricted inside. When I moved to the boondocks, all the sudden I’m facing the “me” that I’ve always been, and not just facing “me”, but having to deal with “me”.
I guess, in the end, that place is BearsMountain. This is the place I am finding myself. I wandered in here in one place, and I know I’ll have to wander out a different door.
I have a problem with patience though. I want what I want, when I want it. I want to let go and jump, but I don’t know how.
Maybe it is like wandering though a painted desert, you have to look really hard to find the paintings.
Peace,
OC
OC, when first beginning to read this post I was so afraid I would happen upon the words, for some reason, that you were to discontinue this blog due to the growing internal conflict you feel, etc. I was struck with fear...and then greatly relieved to see that my pessimism was unfounded.
ReplyDeleteYes, the online community can serve as an anonymous mask, allowing us to liberate ourselves and be more introspective, to learn our internal conflicts and hopefully garner the support to begin to resolve them as we learn, bit by bit, that we are not alone in how we feel nor are we unique in our experiences. You have found and will continue to find support, friendship and love through this medium. I agree in how difficult it is to live the double-life. I do, too. You would have no idea. There is so much I cannot express on my blog, either. I admire that you have more than one; I cannot keep that kind of arrangement working.
Whatever it is you get from having this blog, remember that you also give back to your readers all you receive plus interest. Thank you for that...and please never forget that.
Happy Friday, OC. Be well.
For a minute there I was scared too. I don't know what I would do without my daily dose of BearsMountain.
ReplyDeleteI feel very similar but maybe for different reasons - no I really don't want a client to find my personal blog. Some people that have read my blog have followed me to find me in my personal/professional life. That all feels a little strange especially if they were not invited.
ReplyDeleteBut I want to talk about so many things - art, books, life, my sexuality. It then feels like the blog has no focus but I don't want 99 different blogs that are pieces of the whole person I am. What I read affects my art. My art might reflect my sexuality or personal life and so on.
What is a girl to do? I don't know but feel a similar ennui about this.
Janet
Mapi and CJ,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, I didn't mean that to come out like a "goodbye cruel blog" post, no such luck. I don't think I could make it right now without my blog..:)
J--
ReplyDeleteWell, most likely if it wasn't for my kids, I wouldn't have two different ones. And by the way, don't you dare disappear without telling me where you go...stalk stalk...
I used to vent a lot more on my blog until my family and workmates started reading it. Then I decided to keep it light.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good anonymous way to talk things out when you feel the need. :)