You've found me, the mom of two small children. A few years ago, I figured out, this late in life, that I am Queer. I am looking to the future with hope and promise. Soon to be divorced, and living on my own with my kids. Life on my own terms at last!
October 18, 2008
The Creature in my BBQ
We were going to BBQ baby back ribs tonight. Good plan right? You would think so. So we go out to start the BBQ, this is the new one, the shiny chrome one we bought this summer, lift the lid, and gah!!!! The Woodrat in the BBQ!!! Damn! There was an entire nest, and it's hiding in the inner workings of the Q.
So we pulled out our trusty old Weber which has been sadly unused since we bought the Cadillac Q. Our ribs are cooking albeit later than we had intended, and Woody the Woodrat is still hiding in our new grill. Tomorrow will be execution day for him, unless he makes like a deer and runs tonight.
I also made up my own garlic red smashed potato recipe tonight..yum, good.
Over and out from the mountains!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my goodness, that would have totally freaked me out! I went nuts when Mr. EM told me there was a garter snake in our backyard. I love Mother Nature, but some of critters give me the heebie jeebies.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet your potatoes were good!
he's too cute to execute...yeah, i know you said he's a rat. but we non-mountain types and never understand the need for such things.
ReplyDeleteWell, the good thing was, hubby kept telling me how he was going to trap it with a mouse trap and kill it. Since I'm not willing to deal with it, I decided to shut up and let him deal with it. This morning he said he is going to trap it and take it up in the woods and let it go. Much more to my liking, but again, since I was not willing to deal, I decided to let him deal. So little woodrat gets off with his life..yeah!!! Just stay the heck out of my BBQ.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you didn't just turn it on -- that might make for an interesting meal though.
ReplyDeleteWhat are ribs?...there are things I really miss on this vegetarian diet.
sigh.
j.