November 10, 2008

Barney

It's started.

I thought I was going to escape this one. I bragged, my kids don't like that big purple dinosaur..blah blah blah.....

Well, guess what? Little Miss is suddenly in "Love with Barney." She found this small stuffed Barney doll in Small Son's old toys. This Barney doll sings "I Love You, You Love me" when you push it's tummy.

All the sudden, Little Miss runs around the house, carrying Barney by the tail. When she misplaces Barney, it's "Where's BARRRRRRRNEYYYYY MOMMMMMMYYYYY?" Of course I have to scramble to find him, since it's the only way to make the screaming stop.

Barney is safely "burritoed" in bed with her right now. Barney rides in the car with us. Barney helps unload the dishwasher, and the highest honor of all, Barney gets to play with her "Big Boy Boy Friend Peyton" with her.

It's nuts. She looked so grown up tonight, this very tall skinny little blond girl, with ringlets, a binky, a new pink sweatshirt and holding Barney by the tail. It was a total contradiction.

Little Miss is a very tall little girl. She is starting to look older than she really is. She is very smart, and so she comes across as older, but she is really 3 1/2.

She has also become obsessed (just like her mom I guess) with body products. We have to do 3 different kinds of lotion (Bath and Body Works) when she gets out of the shower. "Plumeria" the pink lotion goes on her "cheeks", "Japanese Cherry Blossom" goes on her tummy and back and "Sensual Amber" is for her legs.

She wants "goo" for her hair, which is Little Miss speak for hair gel. She must wear Dora panties or the world will go off its axis.

She sometimes is so like me that it frightens me. Except, for the Barney love, now that is all hers.

Peace,

OC

10 comments:

  1. Wow just like you!? ...where do you get Dora panties in adult sizes and do you think they have boy shorts too?

    -janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess I should clarify that, she is obsessed with body products like her mom, I am not, and I repeat obsessed with Dora panties....

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I have a little girl who is obsessed with princesses, and wants princess everything...underwear, toys, colouring books, videos. I am the anti-princess...I've tried my best to raise her in a gender-positive environment, and look what happened.....at least she knows that sometimes princesses like to kiss and marry other princesses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I absolutely LOVE Barney. It started when my oldest was about 3. I knew all the songs and loved the original cast.

    My second son was in love with Barney. We moved to CA and I took them to the Pier 39 and there was entertainment in the middle section - some kind of magician - Barney was there in his act (stuffed, like the one J-Man carried), so we stood to watch - then, the man BEHEADED Barney. Oh, my poor baby was so traumatized.

    Be one with Barney.

    Oh, and see if you can find Gullah Gullah Island somewhere - it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Japanese Cherry Blossom is my favorite! Your little one has great taste.

    We lucked out big time...neither of our boys have been into Barney. The Wiggles, however, are another story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's how it starts - first a love of body lotion, then it's on to Estee Lauder and Lancome. Not a bad thing to be into.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Lord I thought Barney had gone the way of the dino....er I thought he'd be gone by now - My neice was a purple junkie when she was a kid and she's driving now! I hope (for your sake) the dang TV show is off the air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear. Barney. We got lucky and missed that obsession. But for those in its cloying purple grasp... I hear that it's intense, but relatively short-lived.

    (The kids on that show totally give me the creeps. *shudder*)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ack. that song. the dinosaur i can take, but that 'i love you, you love me' makes me want to poke my eyes out. there's one for the therapist.

    oh, and sea island cotton (well, some sort of cotton -- it's a lovely shade of blue) nutmeg candles are my current bath and body store addictions. it's good she's starting young.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, the Barney curse. I have had to let that go..and it has left as quickly as it came to the house. It was never a craze, mind you...but Princesita was waaaaay too into Elmo for quite a while at a tender young age, so I suppose it's one or the other.

    :) That was funny. Thanks for the giggle! Be well, OC.

    ReplyDelete