November 30, 2008

R.I.P.

I have a sad story to tell.

Just as we were going about our holiday business this weekend, low and behold, there was a death near and not so dear to us.

Woody. You poor little destructive Woodrat!!!

You see, if you had really thought about making a nice home inside a big bad Silverado, you might have realized that you might get squished in the engine, if you were not quick enough to leave at 4:30 am in the morning.

I am happy, I wasn't the one that had to do you in, I really am. Despite how destructive you have been, I still found you to be a very cute, industrious character. Too bad for you, the fan belt didn't see it that way.

When we heard the rattling a few days ago, we were very surprised to find a screwdriver of unknown origins in the engine compartment, right on top of the battery. So, when hubby heard another unknown rattling noise today, he figured you had brought yet another tool to fix the damage that you were doing to the truck.

How were we to know, that you were road kill inside the engine???? Banging around in there like an old piece of beef jerky.

I wish I were feeling a little bit sad about your demise, but alas, I am not. I'm really very happy that you decided to commit Woodrat suicide instead of forcing me into Woodrat murder.

So, dear Woody....off to a better world in the sky...off to better digs, have fun, be well and don't forget your fucking ruby red slippers!

Peace to me,

OC

5 comments:

  1. Farewell, Woody. hopefully you didn't leave a grieving widow behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I did laugh at some of this, but still. I can't help feeling guilty for that. Poor Woody. At least it was quick. And I hope painless.

    Ariel Ray, why did you have to mention his family? Now I feel extra bad. Can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean you now have a woodrat gaurdian angel? I think it does.

    All Hail St. Woodrat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad you didn't have to do it yourself.

    I echo Margo--I was giggling, too! :)

    Peace, Woody...and the rest of you, too!

    Be well, OC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Woody! He picked a really bad place to build his little woodrat condo. Let this be a lesson to woodrats everywhere - if you are going to live in a car engine, you had better get up with the birds.

    ReplyDelete