June 10, 2008

An Illusion

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

5 comments:

  1. I read that and was really surprised how true it is. As proven by your post.

    I love todays song BTW - one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I felt like I was reading a message from an on-line dating site.

    jneat

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm feeling a little dyslexic right about now.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These principles do not apply to English teachers and proof-readers who are driven NUTS by this kind of thing. We have spent years and years of our lives trying to prevent documents from being published in this condition and trying to empower our students not to shoot themselves in the foot by writing this way. Maybe we wasted our time? I always was afraid of that.... Sadly, a retired English professor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good to know - maybe all my misspellings won't get noticed!

    ReplyDelete