March 5, 2009

"The Talk"

He called me, while I was driving to therapy last night.

He asked me, "Why aren't you wearing your wedding rings?"

I answered simply, "I don't feel very married anymore."

He said to me, "So you would rather tell your shrink, and your computer than me?"

I said, "Something like that."

He said "What am I doing wrong? I come home, I take care of the kids, I'm home when you get home, what am I doing wrong?"

So, I went home last night, and we talked, really talked for the first time in so long. I'm sad today. I told him I didn't think that we could repair our marriage, but that he needed to repair himself for the kids. He told me he didn't want a divorce. I told him I had said nothing about a divorce. We both cried.

I'm not sure where I am right now. I'm really not. I can't go back, but I don't know what direction forward is going to take. We both talked about making sure the kids were all right. I told him I was not going to "make" him do anything, but that anything I asked should be considered by him for his sake and the kids sake.

We are going to talk more tonight. I had to take the rest of the week off. I needed to get my head straight. I'm sure he does too, but he needs to do that in his own way, not my way.

Sadness is all around me now. My kids were picking up on it last night, so I'm going home tonight, and hopefully we'll have dinner and a peaceful evening.

More later,

Peace,

OC

13 comments:

  1. Good god we men are all a like - I know that trick - yeah, you brought it up, but if you never bring it up again I'm off scott free.

    Nice try big boy. I do have empathy for the man - but it's kind of weird to see men pulling men shit. Make sense? prob'ly not -

    This post makes me think of the phrase: Slow and steady wins the race. - It might seem tortures to 'drag it out' but maybe thoughfully, slowly is best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong and keep moving forward. Your heart never lies.
    I realize that words from a stranger offer little consolation, but know that there are many of us here who are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's progress.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's one of the hardest things you'll have to do. And it does take steps. And tears.

    My thoughts are with you.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay true to yourself no matter how hard it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strength.

    Grace.

    Love.

    Be well, OC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. there's no way out, but through.

    slowly, you go.

    slowly you WILL make it to where you are supposed to be.

    have faith, honey.

    XOX
    C

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you've been wanting to avoid the pain somehow...I'm so sorry, OC, that you have any. But, I know you are heading to a place you need to be. I'll be thinkin' good thoughts for ya'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. On the other side of your sadness may you find your inner peace. It is there. Center and you will find it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're gonna get there---just be true in everything you say. at this point you can't afford to candy coat or lie to spare his feelings..or to cushion yourself. You're emerging...you are being birthed into your new life, be true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well the hard part (part one) is over which on some level must be a relief as you move to what you need to do for everyone's sake ...not just your own.

    Be well, listen, have compassion and remain authentic to what you want and need.

    janet

    ReplyDelete