May 28, 2008

We Were Spinning

From My WeMoon Datebook.

I read this tonight, and it resonated strongly in me.

We Were Spinning

So many ways to make a web
when you spin together.
String or silk, stepping out on sacred land
all land is holy...Work it
sing it with yor voice, your body, drum
and bass guitar, paint it
behind someone else's eyes. Adorn t
with ceremony, prayer, jewelled beauty
your precious tears, your sweat, your joy.
Make a myth
drawing ancient stories into wheeling forms
that praise The Lady
Let it be spoken, shaped in spirit, given.
Take it on your travelling tongue
unreel it, shape it, voice it in another birthplace.
Stretch out----make new space to spin.

Rose Flint 2006

2 comments:

  1. Have you read Terry Tempest Williams - I think you'd love her work. I have quoted her frequently on my blog.

    She's terrific -

    janet

    ReplyDelete