October 12, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's been snowing since last night, and I think it's finally letting up. Last time I measured, we had 6 inches of the white stuff on the deck. The yard is white, everything is white, and it's cold. Maybe because this is the first time it has gotten cold all year I'm wimping out, I mean it was in the 30's today. I'm hardy, I can go out in 20-below in a sweatshirt, but it takes some getting used too.

Tomorrow, is the long awaited root canal, which I am now really dreading, since it's snowing worse in Bozeman than here, and driving 100 plus miles for a root canal and back by myself is not the best scenario by any means, but driving it in a possible snow storm, really, why?????

Before, I was looking forward to some "me" time, root canal aside, some shopping and writing time, and now, I'm semi dreading the drive. It's supposed to get down to 17 degrees tonight, which means the roads, at least in the morning are going to be icy.

Most likely by the time I need to leave tomorrow, it won't be so bad. I am probably worrying for nothing.

At least, the snow got Hubby up to clean the garage out so I can park my truck in it, which means not having to load the kids up in the snow...yeah!!!!

Peace,

OC

6 comments:

  1. Let me see - you are looking forward to a root canal?

    I think that's the title of a book...

    "Looking Forward To A Root Canal...my life in Montana".

    Drive safely and may it all go well for you.
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the drive is a safe one and that the root canal helps you feel much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished watching the Oktoberfest parade (in Kitchener Ontario) in my shirtsleeves. Often when we go, we are in our winter coats and bundled up in blankets. I hope your snow doesn't travel east!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be safe on your travels OC. "Me time" does not include time you spend with your dentist. Good luck with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you and your root canal today. Hope it went well!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. root canal... my favorite treat! I still have to go back in to get my tooth built back up. Yeah I'm putting that off.

    ReplyDelete